Directions 281-5588227

What do I do if I was the victim of a hit and run?

Gather as much information as you can to help police and your car insurance company identify the other vehicle. Try to find and get contact information for any witnesses.

If you have uninsured motorist (UM) coverage and/or collision coverage, your provider may cover the damage in a hit and run.

To learn more, visit our Tips for Filing a Hit and Run Claim page.

What do I do if the other driver doesn’t have car insurance?

While drivers are required by law to have auto insurance, many choose not to purchase coverage.

Uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM/UIM) coverage on your own policy helps you if you are injured in an accident with an uninsured or underinsured driver. Collision coverage may also pay for vehicle damages if you don’t have UM/UIM coverage.

Can my insurance company cancel my policy if I file a claim?

Your car insurance provider retains the right to cancel your policy at any time, but this is usually only done when policyholders prove they are a high risk by filing multiple claims, especially for risky driving behaviors such as DUI.

Your car insurance company will notify you if it plans to cancel your policy.

What is an insurance deductible?

A deductible is the amount you are required to pay out of pocket before your insurance will pay for damage to your vehicle or injuries sustained in an accident.

So, if you are in an accident and your deductible is $500, you must pay the first $500 and your insurance will pay the rest (up to the limits of your policy).

Do I have to pay my deductible if I’m not at fault?

When you file a claim with your car insurance company, you may find yourself paying your deductible after an accident even if you don’t feel you are at fault. This commonly happens when fault is not determined before you bring your car in for repairs as a result of an accident.

If your insurance company finds that you were NOT at fault, it will likely work to recover your deductible from the other party’s insurance provider through the process of “subrogation.” In some cases, your insurance company may reimburse you for the deductible on its own.

Check with your auto insurance agent for more information.


COPYRIGHT of each phots are AFP, EFE, Reuters, AP, This blog I used to intent help people does not make any business with it.


%d bloggers like this: