Directions 281-5588227

My car was stolen. Do I have to file a police report?

Yes, filing a police report gives you the best possible chance of recovering your stolen vehicle.

Learn more about filing a theft claim on our Tips for Filing a Theft or Vandalism Claim page.

My car was damaged in an accident. Do I have to file a police report?

Yes. Always file a police report after an accident.

The report gives you a record of what happened in case questions about who was at fault arise later.

Do I file a claim with my insurer if I’m not at fault?

Yes. Filing a claim with your insurance provider will help you recover your costs if the other party is not reimbursing you as they should. They may also help you recover your deductible from the at-fault party.

What if I suspect fraud?

If you suspect fraud on the part of the other party, talk to your auto insurance agent. Your state has laws against fraudulent claims, and your agent will help you make the necessary reports.

Will my vehicle be covered if it gets totaled?

If your car is totaled and you have coverage, you’ll be reimbursed for the vehicle’s actual cash value at the time of the accident. If you have gap coverage, you’ll be covered for the balance between what you still owe on your loan or lease and the car’s cash value.

To learn more, visit our Gap Coverage page.

Are rental cars covered if my car is in the shop?

It depends. If you have rental reimbursement coverage on your policy, it will cover rental car use while your car is being repaired. If not, you’ll likely be responsible for payment for any rental cars used as the result of the accident.


COPYRIGHT of each phots are AFP, EFE, Reuters, AP, This blog I used to intent help people does not make any business with it.


%d bloggers like this: