The following equipment is considered unsafe and is not allowed on your vehicle:
- A red light showing from the front except on an emergency vehicle.
- A bell, siren, or exhaust whistle except on an emergency vehicle.
- A muffler cutout.
- Anything extending more than three inches beyond the left side or six inches beyond the right side of the body, running board, or fenders of your car.
- Flashing red lights on the front except on emergency vehicles, school buses, and church buses.
- A radar interference device designed, manufactured, used, or intended to be used to interfere with, scramble, disrupt, or cause to malfunction a radar or laser device used to measure a vehicle’s speed.
Minimum Road Clearance
A vehicle must not be modified or weighted in such a manner where the body is below the lowest part of the rims of the wheels.