Individuals who meet the following criteria may drive a motor vehicle in Texas.
• Texas residents who have a valid Texas driver license
• New Texas residents who are properly licensed have 90 days, after entry into Texas, to secure a Texas driver license
• Any person, while driving or operating any road machine, farm tractor, or implement of husbandry temporarily operated or
moved on a highway is exempt from having a Texas license, unless the vehicle is a commercial motor vehicle
• Any nonresident who is at least 16 years of age and possesses a valid driver license issued in the nonresident’s home state or
Canadian province. Nonresidents at least 16 years of age who meet these criteria may drive a vehicle permitted to be operated
with a Class C or Class M driver license in Texas
• Nonresidents who are at least 18 years of age may drive any vehicle in Texas if they are legally licensed to drive such a vehicle in
their home state or country, and the home state or country grants like recognition (reciprocity) to citizens of Texas
• The driver of an official U.S. or state military service motor vehicle may drive a vehicle without a valid Texas driver license,
unless the vehicle is a commercial motor vehicle
• A nonresident on active duty in the U.S. armed forces, the member’s spouse, or dependent child who has a valid
license issued by his/her home state
• Any person on active military duty who holds a valid driver license issued by the U.S. armed forces in a foreign
country may drive a motor vehicle in Texas for 90 days from the date of their return to the U.S.
• Unless a license is suspended, cancelled, revoked or denied, a Texas driver license held by any person who enters
or who is in the U.S. armed forces will remain valid as long as the:
– Service continues; and
– Person remains absent from Texas and the absence does not exceed 90 days from the date the licensee is honorably separated
from service or returns to Texas
COPYRIGHT of each phots are AFP, EFE, Reuters, AP, This blog I used to intent help people does not make any business with it.